Friday, July 25, 2014

Rainbow Imaging Quick Release Dual Shoulder Strap Review


If you are like me you hate carrying your camera around your neck.  After a while it begins to get uncomfortable and it gets in the way when you are not shooting.  Slinging it over your shoulder is just an invitation to bumping you camera on things.  It seems like every time I am at a swim meet and my kids want something from the ice chest I throw my camera over my shoulder and it inevitably slips as off reach down to grab a juice box.

I found this amazing deal on a Rainbow Imaging Quick Release Dual Camera Shoulder Strap on Amazon.com.  I ordered it for just over $12 which was much cheaper than the $100 plus setups I had found online at various camera shops.  As soon as I tried this thing on I feel in love with it.

This harness shifts the weight off your neck and puts it on your shoulders like wearing a backpack.  It is setup to hold two camera bodies or just one.  When I shoot sports for hire, I usually carry two camera bodies so it was perfect for me.  But even when I am out with just one camera body this thing is a life saver.


The great thing about this besides taking the weight off your neck is that when the camera is not in use it is off to the side of your body.  This is great for those times I am out photographing my kids and I have to stop to tie a shoe or grab them something to eat.  My clunky lens and telephoto lens are no longer in the way.  I am free to do whatever I want without having to find someone to hold my camera or even worse taking the risk of setting on a bleacher with 200 kids running around worrying about someone knocking it over.

I honestly do not know what I would do without this strap.  Since I bought mine several other parents at various sporting events saw me wearing it and asked where I got it.  Now I see other people wearing the same setup and they all say they love it.

If you click the image above, you help me out because Amazon.com will give me a commission on any item your order at Amazon using the link.  This allows me to continue building this blog with new tips to help you find better gear and take better pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment