Tuesday, July 15, 2014

ATS Lens Rental Review

If you are like me, you are on a budget.  I want the latest and greatest gear but I just can't afford it.  I am also the type of person who researches everything to learn every detail before I buy.  I sit their and debate between features and price, agonizing for weeks before I make a purchase.  Then once I pull the trigger, I almost always regret my purchase wishing I had made a different purchase.

In steps ATS Lens rental to save the day.  I can try out any lens I want for a few days or weeks and simply return it when I am done.  That way I know exactly what I want before I buy.  It also gives me a chance to try out gear that would probably be outside my budget otherwise.

Now I have to admit, I do not have any experience with any other lens rental company.  I was lucky, I tried ATS and I was very happy so I have never had to try another company.

I went with ATS because they were the cheapest place to rent from that I could find.  They offer free weekends unlike any other rental company I could find.  So you can rent a lens of Friday, ship it back on Monday and only pay a two day rental fee.


However, I would not recommend renting for just two days.  Shipping is on the pricey side but comparable for other lens rental companies.  My first rental was a Canon 70-200 L series lens.  I had the lens for nearly a month.  I paid about $120 to rent the lens for the month and I paid extra for two day shipping which was $46.  On the day I was return the lens I realized I needed it for another week so I emailed ATS and they extended the lens rental for me.  Two weeks for $39.

The Canon 70-200 was in great shape.  It came with a UV filter and lens hood.  It even had some candy in the box.  The package came with a return pre-paid label and packing tape to ship the item back.

When I was done, I packaged the item up took it to UPS and away it went.  I got a great lens to try out and use for a month and a half for 1/10 the price of actual item.  Of course when I was done I realized I could not live without the item and bought one.

The other great thing about ATS is rental insurance is included in the price.  This covers you if the lens is damaged while in your possession.  Other companies offer rental insurance, but most charge you extra for the insurance.

If you really want to try out a lens or you need one for a special occasion lens rental from ATS is definitely the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment